Acne is caused by hormonal imbalance within the body, but there are many other contributing factors to acne outbreaks. These include: diet, stress, dehydration, lack of sleep, and toxins stored in the liver and colon. Many of these products only treat the outward signs of acne, which are the pimples and lesions on your skin. But these are not the problem, they are the RESULT of an acne problem, which has to be treated where it all started - inside your body. And treating acne naturally is the best way.
1. Homemade acne masks include clay masks, which are especially effective in getting rid of acne naturally. Multani mitti or Fuller's Earth, is the best type of clay for treating facial acne. Take 1 tablespoon of Fuller's Earth, 1 tablespoon curd and 1 tablespoon mint powder. Mix all the ingredients together, leave it for half hour and beat an egg and add it to the aforementioned mix. Apply it on the face and leave it on for 15 minutes, till it dries out. This a good face mask for oil skin suffering from acne.
2. You can use egg white as a natural acne scar treatment if you have only open pores and not very deep scars. Egg white helps in tightening pores, and so, makes skin appear firmer and smoother. So if you're wondering how to reduce acne scars that are not very deep, then egg white is the way to go!
3. Diet. Let's get one thing out of the way - greasy foods do not cause acne. There is no scientific proof that foods that are considered bad for our overall health have a direct link with acne. But there are foods that are considered good for helping to treat acne, and our skin in general.
4. Raw honey is high in antioxidants and enzymes that feed the skin and restore moisture. Honey in its natural state also has natural antibacterial properties that fight breakouts. In addition, raw honey also helps calm inflammation, which really helps bring down inflamed cystic acne. Wash your skin with a mild cleanser before bed and scoop 2 tbsp. of raw honey from the jar. Apply a thin layer of honey all of your face and then apply additional honey directly on acne bumps. Pull your hair back in a ponytail if you have long hair and go to sleep on your back and wash your face in the morning with your favorite cleanser. Nourish your skin with this treatment once per week for best results.
5. Needless to say, diet plays an important part when it comes to acne scars treatment at home. If a person has a diet that is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, then it will definitely help in the long term process of acne scar treatment.
6. Drinking plenty of water is one of the best things you can do to maintain healthy skin. Cut down on sugary sodas and caffeine when you feel the urge to drink, and replace them with a glass of water.
7. Toxins enter our bodies every day through pollution, and the foods we eat. Normally the liver will flush these out, but if overworked, these poisons will build up in the liver and colon. They still have to find a way out of the body - so they come out through the skin. If you're using the wrong acne cleanser, chemicals could be forcing them BACK IN.
8. Take tomato slices and rub them on the surface of skin. Tomato is rich in vitamin A and various enzymes that help in repair of the skin and thus, in improving its texture.