Cystic acne is the most severe form of acne vulgaris. This type of acne often develops on the face and / or other areas of the body. Cystic acne or scientifically called cystic acne has a texture like a lump filled with fluid under the skin surface. This acne can be very painful and even leave scars inside.
|Cystic Acne : Causes and how to treat it|
Causes of Cystic Acne
Cystic acne is caused by a factor equal to other forms of acne, namely:
- Overactive oil glands
- Excess dead skin cells in the hair follicle (pore)
- A large number of bacteria that cause acne, Propionibacteria
How to Treat Cystic Acne
Strong systemic drugs are usually required to treat cystic acne. This acne is difficult to control. Do not be discouraged if the first treatment attempt fails. It may take some experimentation to find a treatment or combination of treatments is right for you. Some common treatments for cystic acne include:
- Oral antibiotics
- Oral contraceptives - for women
- Surgical excision and drainage (the doctor makes a small incision in the skin and extract the drug to the infected area)
- Intralesional corticosteroid injections
Acne rock bit difficult to treat when compared with other types of acne. Yet quiet, you just need to control the food you eat every day and make sure that you are diligent in cleaning the face, so the dust does not stick in the face.